We’ve noticed a few things in our travels that made us realize that there might be an opportunity to serve people like you with new tools and ways of thinking about your life from a more holistic perspective, a more 360 degree view on what kind of life you want based on your priorities, interests, passions, skills and ways of defining success from a broader, more modern perspective.
Here are just a few of the factors we’ve considered as we started to uncover this opportunity:
- The world has changed in extraordinary ways in the past several decades, and things feel pretty volatile these days
- Technology has invaded our lives, and it’s speeding things up to a point that’s dizzying
- Time seems to be evaporating as we get busier and busier
- There is so much information, content, entertainment and stuff confronting us that it feels like we all have ADD
- We’re all so very, very busy….doing what?
- The world of work has completely transformed, and it’s hard to know which end is up
- It’s not clear that our education system has prepared us to acquire the many new skills that are required in the world of work
- In the new economy of gigs and portfolios, it can be scary to think about where to even begin to look for a job or craft a career–there are few rules and guidelines, and people have to really fend for themselves
- It’s becoming harder and harder for many people to find meaningful work that supports a comfortable lifestyle, or a job that at least lays out a path of progression or upward mobility
Given all of these factors, we think there’s a place for a resource that supports people in taking stock in a deep way of their priorities in a structured way, with varying degrees of support, to design a life of meaning, contentment and ultimately, joy. Enter Design Your Life. We want to congratulate you for taking the reigns and being deliberate about the choices you make. That’s a recipe for a life well-lived. And we’re here to help.
How will we help you, exactly?
So maybe you’re a soon to be or recent college grad who is bewildered by the simultaneous overwhelming number of choices for ways to start your career, or maybe you’re not clear how your degree applies in today’s work landscape, or maybe you have no clue about what kind of work you’ll find satisfying, meaningful or god forbid even fun! We’re creating a set of cost-effective tools that will help you navigate the process of getting to know yourself and your priorities better, while exposing you to the best resources we know of that will help you find solutions that map to your priorities and, ultimately, yield a blueprint that you can follow to continue to create your path. You’ll be able to access these tools and use them on your own time, at your own pace, for an investment that won’t break the bank.
Perhaps you’re like many people we know who have reached mid-career, having achieved your goals and dreams, only to realize that it isn’t all that. You may find yourself disappointed by the trade-offs you’ve chosen to make in pursuit of the formula you thought would lead you to happiness. Maybe you’ve even reached the pinnacle of your career only to find out you are absolutely miserable. You’ve wanted to do a reset, but you haven’t quite known where to begin. With obligations, commitments, trajectories, and even liabilities, you don’t necessarily want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, but you DO want to be proactive about pursuing some changes in your lifestyle that will yield greater fulfillment. This service is for you if you want a bit more support in doing the work–more automated tools and periodic sessions with a certified coach who can help you think through some of your choices and bring clarity to your plan.
You want to make time to take stock of your life, but you’re so busy you can’t see straight. Or perhaps you’re just so miserable that you’re numb to the possibilities that lie ahead to close some doors and open others. You really need companionship through this process and some level of accountability. You’ll get everything above, plus more coaching, and additional services that would save you time and clear space for you to think about what you really want for your life’s next chapter.